Re: X / CUDA on CentOS, multi-gpu servers

joe joe at kagenski.net
Wed Oct 16 09:06:38 EDT 2013

If you're willing to pay for software, the Xwin32 package from Starnet is a good option.  In the past their cost has been low.  Hummingbird now Context is another option but was usually pricier. (disclaimer - haven't used in a while

I work (manage a bit) a very large computing env for building graphics chips.  Our normal X work is done primarily in VNC sessions.  Some NX but that package can be a pain to use/setup/manage.   We also use cygwin fairly heavily but not for it's X capabilities.   Lots of xterms and some GUI apps and most graphical use is 2D eda tools...

I'm hoping to be able to try out the Grid VDI capability of the N* graphic devices in the near future.

joe